about this Blog

After I (more or less) finished my 1966 Volkswagen Fastback the "Volksback", it was time for another challenge, here it is!

Mittwoch, 28. Dezember 2016

New windscreen and seals

The Streaker is now 1 year on the streets. I drove it about 2.500 km and had to sort out a lot of small niggles. After I changed the carb lately it finally runs good.This  summer I bought a new windscreen which I managed to break on the way to the garage...
Just before Christmas I bought a new one from Hoffmann Speedster and this time all went well!
The old screen had so many scratches and some burn marks from grinding and welding. The last owner stored the screen in his workshop and unfortunately, all sorts of stuff splattered on it and burned into the surface.  Now I have a clear view again!

This is the before - even if it is not to be seen, this is the old scratched screen:

The window frame looks still perfect, no signs of rust!

There was only a minor spot in the lower corner of the frame, a stone chip which I sealed against rust: 

It looks like the "before" picture, but is so much better - scratch free!

At the same time I exchanged the rear window rubber, as there was still the original 1983 seal with missing chrome strip:


There were some cracks on the old seal and the missing chrome strip made it look sad:

Out with the old:

Same story in the rear, the window surround area is in top shape:



...and the finished article: Result! Now there are new seals all around and - most important: A scratch free wind screen!

1 Kommentar: